So this is my little secret....

It's a failure on my behalf, the behalf that at one point in my life I could no longer tell the difference from reality and colorful paper trances. If you don't know me very well, then you will not know that I was addicted to reading manga. And if you don't know what that is I will school you. Mange is a Japanese comic book, full of color and dramatic or comical stories. Normally, probably not the worst thing in the world, however on my scale it was the worst. Now, my problem was that due to the fact that I did not handle life very well, I would look to manga for some sort of way to escape my.... I don't really know if loneliness is the right word for this situation. Maybe, it was more of a self inflicted kinda thing. Something would go wrong, and instead of dealing with it or talking it out I would run (high speed sprint here) to manga just to forget about the world. For the last several years this would be how I would deal with problems. I watched anime (Japanese cartoons) for a while, but that took too much work and you had to wait for like ever for the big moment... depending on the type of anime is was the moments varied.... Or my least favorite the story would end at a retarded place and the story would not end.... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I started manga because it never left me hanging (well except for the months when the writer's season was over, just like in series such as The Walking Dead or Once Upon A Time). That I could life with, but not getting the entire story was unacceptable.
Now, the reason I decided to blog this is because there are some people that use this medium I wanna say as a way to not deal with problems. There are also those that are worse about this than I am, but I can't help you guys, you need someone who was at where you are now. Back to my peeps, I'm sharing because after a while, you will soon forget about everything else. I would read instead of listening to the world around me, get mad if anyone interrupted my stories or just ignore things that happened. It was my happy place. I have the cutest nephews in the world and manga was my happy place.... o.O
Now I have successfully not read anything manga like for about a week now... And you know what, I feel kinda great!! Do I want to know what happens to Sunako & Kyohei

in Perfect Girl Evolution or the Wallflower?? Yes I do, however, I feel like I need to start my own story and stop piggybacking off of Mangaka (Japanese cartoonists). I want to successfully start and finish my own story... JR would like to start her own story and live life to the fullest....
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo..... for now, no let's be optimistic here..... Forever, Imma be (haha!) manga free and anything else free that keeps me from living the life that I want and deserve. I feel as though there is nothing wrong with having your own story. Now that I'm done blathering on about my habit that is getting kicked cold turkey style, I think Imma think of some of things to write about... Imma be (haha!) on hiatus for a while but I'll be back (haha! I am killing myself this morning) Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment